Thursday, June 18, 2009

Last and This Weekend






Just a few pics from last weekend in Gangchon. It was a lot of fun and made me want to get out more and see more of Korea. I'm going to Gyeongju with my dad and brother in a couple weeks. Dad's coming in tomorrow night and I still have some apartment cleaning to do. I'm also on the verge of finalizing my summer vacation in China.
I'm really proud of my students today after reading some of their speeches that they have to give for their English class. I'm really interested in what kind of people they'll become in the coming years. These are my third graders who are graduating high school next March.
Yesterday I was given a huge jar of this ginseng liquor. I teach some moms and one of them brought it for me. It's expensive stuff but she made it. I tried some last night and it's definitely an acquired taste. Another mom brought me some pear juice. They're kind ladies.
Yesterday after school I went to the photo shop to get my visa photos. The man that worked there was really nice. It was all proof that I need to get out more during the week because I think I'd forgotten how nice people are in this country. Sometimes they ignore you and make you feel like an eyesore but you are, you're white and tall, well at least I am. But yesterday was great. I was totally gay for Korea yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. that's a great post and great photos too. Can't wait to see more photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great week & I'm so happy to finally see pictures on your blog! Just keep enjoying every moment you are there, have lots of fun with your dad, & keep posting pictures!

    ReplyDelete