Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Teacher's are higher than the sky

I just had one of my worser classes, but it wasn't so bad. Just a crazy boy that fuels the fire by yelling out random things in Korean.
Yesterday was my Korean class and it went alright, but I'm starting to find faults in their system, like why do they pair people up with different people every time? It's difficult to adjust and figure out the level to work at when you're having a language exchange for the first time.
Last Friday was Teacher's Day and our school had a ceremony where all the teachers received a carnation from one student. It was sweet and even cuter later on two of my girls came by to my office and very shyly asked to sing me the teacher's day song, which compares teachers to high flying fighter jets or something. It was awesome. I also got a bite of a cookie and some pink balloons that are still on top of my computer.
Last weekend I went to see an awesome movie. I think the English translation is Kim's Island. It's about a dude who loses his job and girlfriend and starts to live on this island in the middle of the Han River in Seoul. It was one of the best Korean movies I've seen even though there were no subtitles and my friend Harry had to translate for me.
Sorry, but I gotta ask, is anyone reading this?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Me! I am reading this & I am always happy when I see something new. This is my favorite post so far - I loved reading about the carnations, pink balloons, cookies, & how great to have a teacher's day song - just have to say......I am very proud of you! Sorry I have read your blog so "quietly" - I love it so keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i also like this blog alot. just finished all the posts ( really liked the hiking post) and am waiting for the next post!

    ReplyDelete