Monday, August 24, 2009

Tuesdays with Morrie




I added a few more words about the park in the post. There's an explanation of why I'm on one leg kneeing a teenager in the stomach.




I just read this book called Tuesdays with Morrie and it changed my life and now I'm going to get a dog and spend more time with old people.
I'm joking, I never read that book or saw the hallmark movie. I think it had the dog from Fraser in it right?
A week ago the Former President of Korea died and my school got shut down for swine flu and it was my one year anniversary in Korea! Party!
I was pretty busy last week, meeting friends, coming in fourth in dart tournaments and watching movies. I went to a park on Saturday and it was a really beautiful place called Mulhyanggi Arboretum. Mulhyanggi means water smell, so it's the Water Smell Arboretum.
We ate Jok Bal which is translated as "shaven pig's feet" which sounds really strange but is actually really delicious. After eating pig feet, we walked around and had a chicken fight. I got beat by my friend's nephew who is in high school. Then we found a maze where we raced to the center and our team won. After the park we went back to a friend's apartment and he made us all spaghetti. We was me and about five Korean friends. All the foreignors were off at some island playing Lord of the Flies or something. I felt special and also a little lonely when everyone spoke in Korean and I just had to sit there like I don't know what you're saying people, speak English, but forgot I was in Korea.
Sunday Ryan came by Anyang, and we hung out with my friends in Sanbon and walked around Anyang a little. I don't know if it was not enough Ryan or just enough Ryan. Probably just enough. Because sometimes he says things that I don't want to hear.
Yesterday I went shopping and bought a lot of vegetables and spaghetti and some other groceries. I sat in a cafe and tried to read and block out girls saying 'blah blah blah migookin saram, blah blah blah migookin saram" migookin saram means American person, so I kinda sorta felt like they were talking about me, which makes me uncomfortable. It's one thing I can't get used to and I'm thinking about getting surgery so I look Korean.
Today I'm back at school and I don't know what I'm going to teach my first class because the copy room's locked but whatever, if all else fails, dance party, right? Or hangman, I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. You look pretty cute with that pig's foot BUT.....the girls with daisies in their hair is too adorable. Makes me wanna go pick daisies!

    ReplyDelete