Sunday, October 11, 2009

Chuseok Part 1

October 3, 4, and 5 was the Chuseok holiday, similar to our Thanksgiving. I didn't get to pig out on squash and meat but I did get to have a really great weekend.
It started Thursday night, actually, when I went to my friend Katie's apartment and our Chinese friends came over to cook us some delicious Chinese food. The 2nd was China Day, the new China's official birthday. I learned how to play Go Stop also. It's a traditional Korean card game. Katie and her boyfriend, Soo playing Go StopSome Go Stop CardsTing Ting and Wang Feng, at work in the kitchen
Delicious Chinese Food

On Friday I went to visit Ryan in Dongducheon along with my friend Katie. Katie, Soo and I took a bus from Suwon which took way too long, but was probably a little more comfortable than the train. We had a pretty good time, but my brother still annoys me adn there were some tense moments. Frankly, I'm a little upset that he went to a film festival this past weekend without inviting me, but that's neither here nor there. What did we do in Dongducheon? We played Go Stop, taught Ryan how to play, ate some western food and I went home in the evening and Katie went out to Uijeongbu to meet her boyfriend's family. Ryan and I both had plans to meet friends in the morning. Ryan went to Lotte World and I met my friends to go to Gyeonbok Palace in Seoul.

I had been to Gyeongbokgung before with my dad, but I didn't mind going back. It's a cool place and I did a few new things this time like go to the museum and to some cool old timey Korean village.Da Palace
All the kids looked cute in the traditional Korean dress, "Hanbok"I had to try on the Hanbok, myself and random people came over to take pictures with me^^
I wish it was my part time job. I would gladly be the foreignor in Hanbok on weekends.Some old fashioned Go Stop CardsJoining hands and singing in a circle
After the Palace, we went back to Beomgye to eat BBQ. That's Ting TIng on the Left and Stephanie in the middle.Wang Feng with her husband who came to Korea for the weekend to visit.
We went to Noraebang after BBQ and took a lot of pictures, but this one pretty much sums it up.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you've been having TOO much fun and you're too cute in that Hanbok! Wish I had some of that food!

    ReplyDelete