Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jens, Söderlund and all the Swedes

It's fall, but it's sort of a bleached fall, washed out is the sky and there's an odd quiet going around. I'm comfortably happy, well not completely comfortable, but comfortable enough, slightly elated, sort of like floating in this bleached out calm and looking forward to every moment I'll spend with a certain girl.
But getting to the title of this post, I've been listening to a lot of the Swedes, especially jj, and also Tough Alliance, good old Jens, Honeydrips, Air France. It's all connected and it's all pretty, and labeled Balearic Pop, which I'm not quite sure I understand but it has something to do with the beats or the sound. But getting to Söderlund, he makes some pretty fitting videos to all this music, and let's take a look.



That was Sipping on the Sweet Nectar by Jens Lekman. As wistful as it gets, I guess.
Another -



As simple as it is, this is my favorite. The Honeydrips - I Wouldn't Know What to Do




Air France - Collapsing At Your Door Step
Sorta like a dream...



Just a couple of Swedish dudes on a scooter.



This one isn't from Soderlund, but these guys are what I've been listening to the most, lately. jj - My Swag, My Life

And here's their version of a famous TV theme song, set to an odd slow mo of a tennis player.



That's all.

2 comments:

  1. Eric, great post, great music, most I had not heard before, I like it all.!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jens - my favorite of course! Maybe someday we can go see him again. Great songs!

    p.s That picture upload order drives me crazy too so if you figure it out let me know....

    ReplyDelete