Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Freak Out!

I'm freaking out about not knowing my schedule for the new semester, which starts next week. How am I supposed to know how many copies to make? I've experienced being kept in the dark here many a time, but this is a little ridiculous. I don't have a clue what I'm teaching next week except for my first grade classes, but I don't know how many first grade classes I have.
Listening to some remastered Leonard Cohen, trying to chill out but Leonard's voice can't always drown out the Korean of my coworkers, which today is grating on me. It's mainly the stress of not knowing about next week, though.
I'm not really looking forward to the teacher dinner tonight, which if it's anything like the other teacher dinners, will be me listening to everyone talk Korean and occasionally hearing my name come up, but never having why it was explained to me. Sighhhhhhhh.
I need a haircut.
Last night I watched half of That Obscure Object of Desire by Bunuel, but I got bored. So I watched Gran Torino. I think it should have been animated or rotoscoped or whatever that animation they used in Waking Life is called. Because often, Clint Eastwood was like a Country Bear. Listened to some good This American Life. Tried to chat with a Korean girl online, but I felt like I was talking to one of my students, and she wasn't being responsive, so I nixed it.
I'm ready for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment