Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Late

I woke up late today. But only on purpose. I'm supposed to be at school at 830 but I had to go by the bank so I ended up getting here at 930. There was a girl at the convenience store I stopped at to buy a package of instant coffee tubes (mocha gold), and she looked like a student. She was watching cartoons on a TV hanging from the ceiling.
Last night I went to the Language group and got Korean shoved into my brain. Seriously, the woman teaching me was hardcore. I got to that point of too much information in my head, and she just kept cramming it into my ears. But it's good, I'm learning things like, 'i would like to buy an apple' and 'i don't want to eat pizza.' But who would ever say that they don't want to eat pizza?
Still worried about next week because I don't know my schedule yet. I know it's just going to be an introduction week, but I'd like to know these things.
I feel like I'm not saving enough money and this might be a factor in deciding to move to China if I decide to move to China. It's expensive here. But I also might spend too much on Noraebang and Beer.
some pros and cons in my (probably too early) china debate
pros
I've got a good friend there (Oren) and I don't find good friends like him easily.
It's cheaper to live there
I would be working less hours if I get the job Oren said he can get me, teaching about the same age as here, and I wouldn't pay for most utilities I have to pay for here like electricity, internet.
Maybe China is less conservative?

Cons
I like my students and I don't feel good about leaving after just one year.
Picking up and moving is a drag.
China might be less safe.

We'll see what outweighs what in the future. It all depends on what kind of relationships I build here and how I feel after I vacation to China in August. I just overthink and plan too early on this kind of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment