Thursday, March 5, 2009

Marshmallows

In the wintertime they wrap the bales of hay in white plastic and it makes them look like marshmallows floating on the field.

Not much to talk about today. One of my third graders chose his English name to be Jonie Dabb (johnny depp) and I had a good time playing a game with my other class of third graders this morning (that's third grade high school, seniors in Korea).

Last night my computer spazzed out and the screen went ultra dark. I thought a bulb had burned out or something, but it was back to normal this morning. I'm hoping it can last another month or two, that is until I have a little more cash in my account so I can get a new one.
I'm thinking I'll stay here at least until Feb/March '10 right now. I don't know if that's feasible, if I'd be able to draw up a contract like that or if the won will be worth anything by then, but that's my plan so I can have some closure with the school year and see my third graders graduate.

Been listening to The Boy Least Likely To, the new one hasn't taken yet as much as the first, but it's pretty good so far. Twee-tastic.

Last night I just listened to This American Life and then my computer was working around 9 so I watched an ep of Eastbound and Down then crashed.
I try to wrap my head around the 'simple' descriptions of the economy provided by alex bloomberg and is associate but I still can't unlock that side of my brain. I'm gonna try to listen to some Planet Money podcasts, the show they have together.

What do I have planned for the weekend?

Buy
A hat?
A hammer and nails so I can finally put up my shade
A computer if mine dies again today...maybe
That many smiles of Heath Ledger shirt if I can find it.

Call Pap tonight
Meet some friends Saturday.
Maybe drop by the English cafe in Sanbon on Sunday

I just want to relaxxxxxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment